Feb 12, 2007

Things feel easier now

So, here's something kinda weird: last night, on my way back up from exercising, I jogged up the stairs. From the first floor to the third. When did that become possible?

I've noticed that it seems easier to do "active" things like that just after working out, than at other times in the day. I'm guessing here, but since my body is already in "workout mode", it's like I don't have to work as hard. Sort of like how your car runs better in winter after it's warmed up for a bit.

Also, over the past week, I've increased my average workout time from 30 minutes to 45. When I started this, I felt like dying after 20 minutes on the machine. Now I feel like I could go even farther, but I don't want to push myself too far yet.

1 comment:

MsKnow-it-all said...

First of all, I have to say how incredibly proud of you I am! This is a very courageous thing you're doing, and I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!

I know exactly what you're talking about with doing "active" stuff after you work out. But isn't that what they always say--exercise increases your endorphins, gives you more energy, etc.

You know what else I notice about working out? I eat better all day on the days I work out. It's like I take extra precautions not to poison my body since I put in all the effort to work out. 'Course, this requires me to get up early and do it right away to get the full effect through out the day.

Here's a really cool website:
www.mealsmatter.org

The "Eating For Health" tab has some interactive tools, like a personal nutrition planner.

By the way--don't pay too much attention to my name...it was a work joke. Unfortunately, it's kinda true.