Sep 27, 2007

Completely Random Moment at the Gym Today

They've got this testimonial "Wall of Fame" at the gym, and a few weeks back they put my before-and-somewhat-after pictures up.

Fast-forward to today, and I'm on the treadmill warming up before my training session. Completely out of the blue, the woman next to me tells me how she saw my pictures on the wall, and how amazed she is at how far I've come. It's one thing to hear it from friends and family members...I'm just paranoid enough to think they're humoring me. But when a complete stranger notices, well that just makes you feel really good.

I really didn't know how to respond.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you ask her for her telephone number.

MsKnow-it-all said...

No crap! That was totally an opening.

Wait...was she cute, or was she somebody's grandma or something? No offense to grandma's, but Ryan's a little young.

Ryan said...

y'all can stop speculating. I saw her at the store today, with her entire family.

It wasn't an opening.