Sep 25, 2007

Ryan - Week 37

Week 37Previous Weight: 233 lbs
Current Weight: 228 lbs
Change: 5 lbs lost
Total: 132 lbs lost

I like being in the home stretch. It's like my current weight has become a countdown. I imagine a guy coming over the loudspeaker at NASA saying "T-minus 28 pounds and counting..."

It occurred to me the other day, that since I started this, I haven't even considered giving up. The thought just never entered my mind. Sure, there have been days where I didn't feel like exercising, but I still did it. And aside from the occasional Diet Coke, I haven't really had any cravings for junk food, once I "detoxed" and got it all out of my system.

Wait... do peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches count as junk food?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow again! You are truly amazing. It's very clear that you're in a great frame of mind for this. You are a creature of habit, and that's the hardest part--getting the routine down. Like you said, you don't feel right if you don't work out. Good for you!.

I am still amazed that you haven't "craved" anything. Clearly you've made the connection that food does not equal happiness.

I also think that there's nothing inherently wrong with having an occasional crappy meal or fancy dessert, as long as you know that you're choosing it, and that you can put it down when you've had enough.

At some point, there is a quality of life thing there--sometimes food is just enjoyable, and it tastes good. If you can control yourself, isn't it OK to have it on occasion?

For the record, PB&J does not count as junk food.

Anonymous said...

I almost forgot...you need to buy new pants again. Your belt is pulled in so much, those look like they have pleats in them!

I'll take you shopping if you'll let me!