May 15, 2007

Week 18

Previous Weight: 298 lbs
Current Weight: 294 lbs
Change: 4 lbs lost
Total: 66 lbs lost

When I started this (way back in January), I was wearing size 54 waist and a 4XL shirt. I've long since bought smaller pants, which are already starting to get a bit loose around the middle, but hadn't really bothered with shirts.

When I was home last weekend, big sister kept mentioning that my clothes were starting to look a little baggy. I didn't really notice it at the time, though I did know I could fit into a 3XL shirt I hadn't been able to wear before. So yesterday, I decided to pick up a couple more 3XL t-shirts, but didn't bother to try them on in the store. I put one on later that day, and it seemed even looser than the old, larger t-shirts.

So, I tried on a couple of the 2XL shirts I've got in my "these will fit again someday" box. And they do! Somewhere, I skipped almost an entire shirt size. It's still a little snug, and my belly pulls the bottom up a bit, but I couldn't even get one of those shirts on before now.

I guess the point of all this is: I'm really looking forward to not having to shop in the "Big and Tall" section anymore.

Also, not sure why, but this week even I can see the difference from the last photo.

6 comments:

chris c said...

Hey Ryan, I just checked up on you. WOW what a difference. You are doing wonderful. Keep up the good work. Looks like you could go on a shopping spree, I'm sure your sisters could help you out with that. FUN!Your uncle Jon and I are proud of you!
Chris C

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! Another great week--way to go!

I was incredibly impressed again this weekend by your determination and commitment to this. We were talking about what you've been eating, etc. and I was shocked when you told me that you haven't eaten any cake, cookies, junk food stuff since you started this. WOW! Not one slipup in all that time?? That's amazing. Clearly this is a new life for you (which is the point).

You are definitely getting too small for those clothes. Time to retire them permanently! I think the point of your story is actually this:

"My big sister was right."

Go ahead...you can say it. I won't rub it in. Really.

Have a great week!

Ryan said...

Fine.

"My big sister was right."

<sulk />

Anonymous said...

Rocky-You don't have to add fuel to ms know-it-all (aka Miss Top 2 percent). She will too rub it in that she was right. You really look great! John was amazed by your ability to just walk away, as he was having his 3rd brat. Keep up the good work! At this rate, we may have to get a burning permit for the 4th of July!
Love, MOM

nitelillie said...

Hey Ryan,
Looking good! I noticed a resemblance to your Dad in the last picture, I think its the smile! Keep up the good work!
Hugs from BL

Anonymous said...

Ryan you look AMAZING! Your story is so inspiring and besides that...hubba hubba! :) Keep up the superb work you have a lot of people rootin' for ya!!!

Kate
(Melissa's BFF, old roomie and "friend of the fam" ha ha)